Bulk content editing
The new folder contents will greatly improve the productivity of your content editors with features like:
- bulk uploading
- drag and drop ordering
- folder rearranging
- cut, copy, paste, delete, rename
- bulk tagging
- bulk workflow management
- bulk metadata editing
Plone 5 ships with a beautiful new theme, modern theme.
- Modular: splits various parts of the theme into reusable less files for you to include in your own themes
- Easy to customize with less
The new toolbar is a great improvement. The left side placement(default) works well with the navigation with most themes and helps provide a consistent look and feel across all plone sites. Additionally, it is easier for themers as they don't have to deal with an edit bar in the middle of their content. It also doesn't affect the vertical placement of content when users are viewing the site so the site anonymous look and feel will more closely resemble what the current user is seeing.
Default events support is great in Plone 5 with out of the box recurrence support, new page layouts and portlets.
In addition to all the great end-user goodies Plone 5 comes packed with, it also contains many improvements from a developer perspective
- Security: automatic CSRF protection at the database layer
- Multi-lingual: built-in to core
- Dexterity: shipped content types are now dexterity which is a pleasure to work with
- plone.api shipped: plone.api makes add-on development much easier to work with